Sunday, January 18, 2015

Six Non Technical Things I hate about women at work!


Six Non Technical Things I hate about women at work!
1) Asking for exceptions because you are a woman!
I totally understand that being a woman is not easy,that you have other responsibilities, but if you expect to do less work and get the same salary or appreciation as men,then you're illusionist!
And no, leaving early is not your right, at any company you are a human being who has rights yes but also has duties.
At work you are a human being, with no gender labels.
2) Crying!
I do know that it hurts to feel disrespect,unappreciated or humiliated, I know, but if you think it's okay to show your weak side at work because you are a woman, then you are wrong!
It will only show you as a weak person who can't handle pressure.
I actually learned this lesson the hard way, One day I felt so stressed,so down, so devastated,I sat with my direct manager "who by they way had the trust of the world in me" ,and while expressing my concerns and worries,I cried! Me! yeah!
And the results were awful,The man handled the situation yes,but he received one message, " she can't even bear pressure! I can't promote her!"
Yea, I learned it the hard way.

3) Relocation and location problems
"Work is too far", " My mom fears for my safety", "oh no I can't visit that client,he is far, may somebody go with me?"
Girls, what's that! Are we in kindergarten?! We are at work by the way, so if you can't deal with this, then stay home!
4) Taking things personally.
I understand that we as women take things too personal, but this is not right. if your boss gets angry of your terrible report, it's not because he has bad secret intentions for you, also if your boss is a woman, stop thinking her comments on your work is out of jealousy! Just concentrate on your work, no one has a hidden agenda for you!
5) Playing the victim!
I'm sorry, who said being the victim is something good? Yea that might get you out of some troubles, but you won't reach far! Just confront people, problems and situations, no need for a victim role here.
6) Asking for respect and appreciation
you can never ask for respect, you impose it!
Draw your red lines clear for everyone, make them fear the ugly face behind that sweet wise look,
And don't wait for appreciation, most managers never show it, be a self motivated person who believes self appreciation is much better, who draws her road well regardless of what management/managers do or say!

I totally know how things can get out of control, work is never meant to be a heaven, it's a battlefield with yourself, and it's your decision at the end, either to be that girl/woman from the 3rd floor or to be "The" brilliant manager/employee, who can't be missed or forgotten, with no gender labels
.


No comments:

Post a Comment